01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hilook nvr plugin is not persistent on our Windows PCs?

julian toon

hello again
i have a customer with an 8 port nvr (hilook) and we are on a windows closed network for our LAN the desktops which want to see the camera network
are always being asked to download the plug in as the the windows server seems to delete it then requires another download this has happened to me on my unmanaged desktop
as well so we have a continuous problem with plugin not staying around and we cant view the video feed
any ideas how to remedy this problem
regards

julian toon

You'd need to dig deep into the IT / Windows setup to fully work out what is going on.

Make sure that when you run & install the plugin it is THE very first thing that you do after a PC restart (before opening any other applications or programmes).

yes so the plug in gets installed correctly and the windows pc works fine with the video then the security firewall obviously doesn't like the plug in
a few days later the windows machine wants to install it again then the pc needs the administrators password again,
people end up frustrated and give up.
my question is this ,is the plugin that bad that the windows firewall deletes it or renders it unusable ?

Back