01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-KB6403-WIP password reset for unbinding

z0re

Hi
I created a new hik connect app and I am trying to reconnect to my hikvision doorbell DS-KB6403-WIP . Unfortunately it is bound to my previous account and asking for a password to unbind which i have forgotten. Is it possible to reset the password on these doorbells? there is no reset button inside the doorbell, nor is there a jst on the board to reset via serial port usb.

Any suggestions on resetting the password? Hikvision have said they dont help end users but only professional installers/distrubters........

Not sure if the doorbell can be reset if i set up a tftp on ip 192.0.0.128 but will try to see if this works and update here.

Hi @z0re

These steps are the only way to reset your password, you will need to send the XML reset file to the company that supplied your camera, as they will send it off to Hikvision to process who checks this:
How-to: - How to Reset the Password of your Hikvision Camera/NVR in 5 steps using the SADP Tool

You can also try sending the reset file to the Hikvision Support team for your region:

There is a tamper screw on the bottom of the doorbell. Remove it and take off the front plate which will reveal a reset button on the left hand side. Try the 30, 30, 30 trick and keep reset pressed at all times;

1) Press reset and wait 30 secs
2) Turn off power to the doorbell with reset still pressed
3) Wait 30 secs
4) Turn power back on and keep reset pressed another 30 secs before letting go

The unit should power cycle and and flash red and allow you to set it up from scratch

Back