01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ds-2ae5223ti-a analogue PTZ camera setup?

Amir_init

Hi All
not sure if this forum is just for IP cameras, if this post is not for this area please do let me know.

Basically I have a BNC (coaxial) Hikvision PTZ camera, model ds-2ae5223ti-a.
I will be attempting to connect it to a Hikvision DVR model DS-7216HUHI-K2.

I initially tried on a different DVR (model DS-7204HQHI-K4) and for the life of me could not get the PTZ functionality to work, hence the reason trying another DVR.

There are talks that the communication channels on the PTZ and DVR need to be the same and its 'Pelco D' they think.

Can anyone please shed more light on this as I am racking my brains trying to figure this out?

Thanks
Amir

Hi All
not sure if this forum is just for IP cameras, if this post is not for this area please do let me know.

Basically I have a BNC (coaxial) Hikvision PTZ camera, model ds-2ae5223ti-a.
I will be attempting to connect it to a Hikvision DVR model DS-7216HUHI-K2.

I initially tried on a different DVR (model DS-7204HQHI-K4) and for the life of me could not get the PTZ functionality to work, hence the reason trying another DVR.

There are talks that the communication channels on the PTZ and DVR need to be the same and its 'Pelco D' they think.

Can anyone please shed more light on this as I am racking my brains trying to figure this out?

Thanks
Amir
Pelco D is Pelco's open source RS485 protocol used by many third parties (they also use Pelco P with RS485) Those protocols would be used to control a camera over twisted pair not coax. From memory the coaxial telemetry is Coaxitron.

Edit: Found elsewhere on the wibbly wobbly web:

• Coaxial Control
The Coaxial transmission function can be enabled to transmit the RS485 signal along with the video signal via the BNC cable. If the connected encoding device supports the Coaxial transmission as well, the RS485 cable will not be necessary.

Steps:

1. Enable the Coaxial control function by setting the option of COAXIAL CONTROL to ON.
  2. Select the Coaxial control protocol, there are HIK-C, PELCO-C and AUTO selectable.
NOTE

The transmission protocol of the connected encoding device should be set the same as the speed dome to support the coaxial transmission.

Last edited:
Back