01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect iOS Issue on my iPad?

talksr

Hi there,
I recently updated my HikVision NVR and cameras. Everything is working very well, but I have two noticeable changes...
  1. Whenever I open the Hik-Connect iOS app, I see this on the main screen. It should show Favourites with any favourite cameras and then My Device which would show the NVR and respective cameras. It is all blank. I have tried to re-add the NVR, it adds but does not show in this area. I can playback from top left with no issues, but cannot get a live view. I have the iOS app on my phone, it works perfectly. But on both iPads, I get this. All three devices have the same, up to date iOS app.
    20220206_151754094_iOS.png
  2. I am noticing that the NVR is recording a lot more activity than before the firmware update. It seems very sensitive. Has anyone else had this happen and if so, what did you change? My NVR records only when movement is detected. It seems to record almost everything now, so seems far more sensitive.
Thanks very much in advance.

Can you share your Hikvision model numbers and firmware versions please?

Also, what version of the iOS App are you running?

Can you share your Hikvision model numbers and firmware versions please?

Also, what version of the iOS App are you running?
Certainly,

DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR firmware V5.6.6 build 210625.

iOS app on iPhone which works perfectly: Hik-Connect - for End user version 4.21.0.
iOS app on iPads which are not working perfectly as in my above example: Hik-Connect - for End user version 4.21.0.

All iOS devices are running iOS 15.3.

Hmmm, with regards to the iPad issues, elsewhere in the forum we are seeing reports of other issues on the iPad with this latest V4.2.1 release of Hik-Connect:
Hik-Connect - Hik-Connect v4.1.0 launches upside down in IOS on my iPad Mini

Hopefully there will be an update soon that resolves these issues.
Thank you, ok doesn't sound like an issue I have caused in that case. Was strange as never have had this happen before and odd it works fine on the phone. I will keep checking it, hopefully they will bring out an update to resolve it. I am still able to playback with the iPad app, but can't see any live stuff.

Hi Talksr
I have just experienced the same problem you are having and have a work around for the problem.

login to hick connect to get your blank page then select more and choose logout.

The use your home button on the ipad to display currently running apps and get rid of hick connect.

Then start up hik connect again and login using your password. You should now see your device again and be able to view the cameras.

Funny thing is, my wife also has an iPad with same version of iOS running and same version of hik connect and has no problems whatsoeve.

Hope this helps until Hikvision sort the problem.

Hi Talksr
I have just experienced the same problem you are having and have a work around for the problem.

login to hick connect to get your blank page then select more and choose logout.

The use your home button on the ipad to display currently running apps and get rid of hick connect.

Then start up hik connect again and login using your password. You should now see your device again and be able to view the cameras.

Funny thing is, my wife also has an iPad with same version of iOS running and same version of hik connect and has no problems whatsoeve.

Hope this helps until Hikvision sort the problem.
Hello,
Thanks so much! That did the job! That has got to be one of the most odd quirks I have ever come across.

I already did exactly as you said but did not shut down the entire app. That is the trick that solves this very odd problem.

Thanks again, have a good weekend

Hik Connect has worked flawlessly on my iPad for two years or more but I am now experiencing the same problem as talksr. The solution suggested by Mirage appears to work but only for a limited time and I am left having to clear the memory and re-log in each time. I am using same firmware and app version as talksr. I suspect there is a bug in the new app!

Hik Connect has worked flawlessly on my iPad for two years or more but I am now experiencing the same problem as talksr. The solution suggested by Mirage appears to work but only for a limited time and I am left having to clear the memory and re-log in each time. I am using same firmware and app version as talksr. I suspect there is a bug in the new app!
Aha, thanks, you have reminded me to post. I have had same issue. It worked, but only for a while and then it goes. Had been meaning to post an update but kept forgetting. There does seem to be a bug here.

Back