01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-connect error code - "Video playing failed. Error Code: (260015)"

j1000

Hi all,

Any help or advice on how to fix the following issue would be most appreciated.

I can view my 6 NVR's cameras via the Hik-connect app but on one of my camera's the live view fails and i get the following error.

Video playing failed. Error Code: (260015).

The feed buffers to about 75% sometimes a bit more and it does show an image but it is not a live image and an old image dated 23/11/21.

I have not changed any settings.

I have read somewhere that a camera reset possibily needs to be done: What does error code 260015 in Hik-Connect mean?

How do i reset the camera? Can this be done through the NVR or do I have to remove the camera and press a reset button?

Any help/ advice would be most appreciated as all the other camera give a live feed apart from this one?

Thankyou all.

Anything useful here for you?

Cheers Phil for the link.
I will take a look.
What I don't understand is why is only one camera effected and the others are ok?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

You haven't mentioned the model numbers for the cameras and NVR.
Is the problem camera a different model to the others?
e.g. higher resolution or newer technology such as AccuSense or ColorVu.
I'm thinking it could be using more bandwidth then the others.
For Hik-Connect the video stream routes via their cloud servers and that is where you tend to run into issues such as you are experiencing.
You could try reducing settings e.g. frame rate and/or resolution.

Also, it'd be good to ensure that all are running the latest proven / recommended firmware.

Thanks Phil.
All cameras are the same and I've had no problems untill a few days ago.
Cameras are dome and have been installed for approx 4 years.
It really weird why one is not syncing.
I can play back the footage and view it live via my monitor and TV.
Thanks again.

What are the model numbers of your cameras and NVR please?

Hi Phil,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have 5 x DS-2CD2142FWD 4MP IP dome cameras attached to the DS-7608NI/E2/8P NVR.

They were all working via the Hik-connect app but i cannot get a live feed with one of them via the app.

Appreciate any help. Thanks again.

Hi Phil,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have 5 x DS-2CD2142FWD 4MP IP dome cameras attached to the DS-7608NI/E2/8P NVR.

They were all working via the Hik-connect app but i cannot get a live feed with one of them via the app.

Appreciate any help. Thanks again.
HI. I wanted to know if you fixed it

Back