01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect HIK Connect App (Android) now available in the Google Play App store again?

TomThumb

I might be suffering loss of grey matter here, bear with me.
Yesterday I noticed my Android had an HIK-Connect update (16-May apparently) which I eagerly took, being the model HIK user I am.
Then I recalled that this App wasn't available on the play store (I'd got the .apk from HIK Vision's website - and noted it said no automatic updates but to return to HIK if needed). I expect this was a (US) Google v China issue and the work-around was fine.

I've not been able to spot any changes in the App and now I note the updated App is exactly the version number I had already (v6.3.250.0516).

So is this a subtle change to Google's play store policy, has HIK now got Google's 'approval' or is something else going on ?

I might be suffering loss of grey matter here, bear with me.
Yesterday I noticed my Android had an HIK-Connect update (16-May apparantly) which I eagerly took, being the model HIK user I am.
Then I recalled that this App wasn't available on the playstore (I'd got the .apk from HIK Vision's website - and noted it said no automatic updates but to return to HIK if needed). I expect this was a (US) Google v China issue and the work-around was fine.

I've not being able to spot any changes in the App and now I note the updated App is exactly the version number I had already (v6.3.250.0516).

So is this a subtle change to Google's playstore policy, has HIK now got Google's 'approval' or is something else going on ?
Hik-Connect has been back on the Google Play Store again for some time now so I'd just advise using that rather than Hikvisions own App Store.

The latest versions have been getting released on the Play Store again for a little while now (at least 6 months)...
It kind of happened quietly and we discovered by accident!
It was only ever removed from the Play Store - Apple's App Store never stopped having the latest versions available - so it must have been something they worked out.

Back