01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HiDDNS Discontinued, iVMS-4500 Discontinued 15-02-22. Removed from app stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
There are a couple of posts regarding HiDDNS no longer working so in case anyone was unaware and still uses it...

HiDDNS has been discontinued and iVMS-4500 will no longer be supported (but will remain working for now) from Feb 15th 2022. Please see the attached document which details this from Hikvision.

iVMS-4500 is no longer available for download on the Apple App Store or Hikvision App Store.

Attachments

Last edited:
I was not aware ivms4500 was discontinued. I am not looking forward to dealing with all my customers

and changing them all over to a new app.

Is there a reliable non-cloud based option that will support notifications?

Thanks...

I was not aware ivms4500 was discontinued. I am not looking forward to dealing with all my customers

and changing them all over to a new app.

Is there a reliable non-cloud based option that will support notifications?

Thanks...
Nothing I'm aware of. Migrating between iVMS-4500 and Hik-Connect is easy enough if you're using IP address or your own DDNS domain for the connection - you just need to click the "login as guest" link at the bottom of the Hik-Connect app page to remove the annoying message at the top of the page telling you, you can only add local systems. Unfortunately as you're probably aware - while notifications worked in iVMS-4500 when connected by IP/Domain; Hik-Connect requires that their cloud service is used to get that functionality. I'd also be happy to hear of any third party app that could be used that DIDN'T require routing via a cloud service.

This topic is now very popular.
Google informs me that lots of people are seeking help with the error that they are now seeing when they try to use HiDDNS e.g.

error HCNetSdkError:0​

I am closing this thread, in order to prevent multiple threads and queries on this same topic.

The best information is in this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back