01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware - DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL [G3]

lefty

I've got two DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (G3)

What I want to know, is it OK to use the UK firmware, the latest being 5.5.801_211105?

I am from AU, so I wasn't sure?

The latest I was provided from my retailer was IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.800_210721 (which is old than 211105).
I simply do not understand the difference between 800 and 801 firmware's, is 801 another security patch update?

I guess I can try the UK newer version, if not, can I downgrade back? Is that possible?
au-jpg.7405
?

Attachments

• AU.JPG
    AU.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,733
Last edited:
Hi @lefty

We would recommend that you stay with v5.5.800 as the v5.5.801 is specifically a UK/EU firmware and in the past, we have seen different Australian firmware with different features/updates. So updating from the Australian v5.5.800 firmware to the UK v5.5.801 may cause issues, there is no security issue staying on v5.5.800 because the main security patch was introduced in this firmware release.

We would recommend you speak to your original supplier/installer or directly to Hikvision AU to see if you can source a newer AU firmware version.

Upvote 0
Hi @lefty

We would recommend that you stay with v5.5.800 as the v5.5.801 is specifically a UK/EU firmware and in the past, we have seen different Australian firmware with different features/updates. So updating from the Australian v5.5.800 firmware to the UK v5.5.801 may cause issues, there is no security issue staying on v5.5.800 because the main security patch was introduced in this firmware release.

We would recommend you speak to your original supplier/installer or directly to Hikvision AU to see if you can source a newer AU firmware version.

Hi Dan,

How can you tell if the firmware is for a particular region? The file I was provided was called IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.800_210721 and Hikvision AU support haven't replied to me yet (not holding my breath either).

If I go on the UK website, the latest is called IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.801_211105

You can seethe file name is both "EN" and "STD" and the file name doesn't hint at anything region specific? When I got the camera's, they came with 5.5.131 which is on the UK website.

Whether I download IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.801_211105 from either Hik UK, or Hik EU, they're identical firmware (same checksum).

Upvote 0
The firmware your AU supplier gave you was 5.5.800_210721 and the UK version is 5.5.800_210628 which are different builds.

Also, we have previously encountered situations with regional firmware for the AcuSense/ColorVu cameras. An AU installer posted a video on YouTube last year about a feature on the G2 ColorVu camera that allowed the white light to be triggered by smart events, at the time this was not available on the UK firmware. We spoke to Hikvision about it and they told us that this was currently only available on a patch firmware for the AU region and that they were still looking at updating the UK/EU models to support the feature.

This is why we warn you of updating AU cameras with UK/EU firmware because you can gain/lose certain features, if you want to give it a go you can try updating but we don't know whether or not you will be able to downgrade from that firmware.

Upvote 0
The firmware your AU supplier gave you was 5.5.800_210721 and the UK version is 5.5.800_210628 which are different builds.

Also, we have previously encountered situations with regional firmware for the AcuSense/ColorVu cameras. An AU installer posted a video on YouTube last year about a feature on the G2 ColorVu camera that allowed the white light to be triggered by smart events, at the time this was not available on the UK firmware. We spoke to Hikvision about it and they told us that this was currently only available on a patch firmware for the AU region and that they were still looking at updating the UK/EU models to support the feature.

This is why we warn you of updating AU cameras with UK/EU firmware because you can gain/lose certain features, if you want to give it a go you can try updating but we don't know whether or not you will be able to downgrade from that firmware.

OK noted, for the moment I will leave it with an older revision and will follow up with Hik AU

It would help if HikVision put release notes with each firmware as to the changes or improvements made.

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Back