01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ds7604ni-k1/4p Doesnt seem to want to power DS-2CD2383G0-I

FunkySpaceBoy

we have just bought the ds7604ni-k1/4p NVR to go with are DS-2CD2383G0-I but for some reason the NVR wont power DS-2CD2383G0-I but i have been running the camera thought a poe switch and works but when it come to the nvr it doesnt work

@FunkySpaceBoy if the cable you made works with a PoE switch then it is ok, best to test locally with a factory made network cable. if you have a Voltmeter and a Female to Female rj45 adapter make a RJ45 fan out lead and measure the PoE voltages from the NVR ports.

Do you see anything in the NVR system logs?

@David is right, definitely test with the camera close to the NVR on a factory-made cable first.

When you connect the camera directly to the NVR, are you adding it to the channel again like below?:
Select Edit / Modify on the channel that you're adding the camera to, choose Plug & Play as the adding method and enter the camera's password again.

If you've tried this already, what else do you have connected to the NVR, please?

@David is right, definitely test with the camera close to the NVR on a factory-made cable first.

When you connect the camera directly to the NVR, are you adding it to the channel again like below?:
Select Edit / Modify on the channel that you're adding the camera to, choose Plug & Play as the adding method and enter the camera's password again.

If you've tried this already, what else do you have connected to the NVR, please?
@Kyle im not getting any flashing lights on the ports on the back on NVR when i have camera connected that tell me that the camera isnt getting any power i only have 1 camera connected nothing else

It may be that the cable is performing differently when connected to your NVR than it was to the switch. Did you notice any change when using a factory-made cable?

Do you still not see any lights if you connect it to the PoE port that the working camera is currently on?

Can you share a screenshot of the PoE configuration page in Camera Management on the NVR?
- Web browser: [Configuration > System > Camera Management > PoE Channel]
- Local GUI: [Menu > Camera > PoE Configuration]

Back