01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113 intercom/doorbell system - 24/7 recording?

harshil9994

Hi all

Just setup DS KV6113 intercom/doorbell system and had a few questions about recording

Is it possible to record 24/7 without NVR/DVR?
If not what is the point of the SD card on doorbell- what is this used for?

Thanks in advance

Hi @harshil9994

I'm afraid not, you need to use an NVR as there is no way to record to an SD card, either inside the indoor or outdoor station.

Hikvision has explained to us before that the microSD card slots on the "DS-KV" doorbells are used for any particular “customisation requirements” that they may need to carry out on a unit.

There is also a microSD card slot on the indoor stations, as you need to install a card in this to store messages and capture / send still images when the doorbell is pressed, but this is all it can be used for.

Hi @harshil9994

I'm afraid not, you need to use an NVR as there is no way to record to an SD card, either inside the indoor or outdoor station.

Hikvision has explained to us before that the microSD card slots on the "DS-KV" doorbells are used for any particular “customisation requirements” that they may need to carry out on a unit.

There is also a microSD card slot on the indoor stations, as you need to install a card in this to store messages and capture / send still images when the doorbell is pressed, but this is all it can be used for.
I was going to ask this same question as I installed the DS-KIS603-P(B) kit today and hadn't been able to find a definitive answer until now. It's a bit disappointing as I'd expect the ability to automatically record clips from a call to be a fairly basic requirement - the Pyronix Doorbell Cam will do it. I also noticed that it doesn't save a clip on Hik-Connect if you have it registered - again just a still image at the moment the button is pressed. Also annoying is that it takes several clicks - more > settings > mute calls, to pause the callers coming through to a phone. I'd have thought that mute button should be a single click on the Hik-Connect hime screen beneath the device (like the bell icon to stop event notifications)

Back