01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P -Firmware update

I'd say this is the latest there is. given the K series is EOL.
have a look here.

Hi All

Does anyone know which option I need from here to select my NVR firmware update, I am struggling to find the correct one for my NVR.

Current firmware is V4.74.210 build 240108
As @dazulrich mentions, the firmware linked in my post is the latest which is what you have already. I was surprised to see an update for this model, even more so that it popped up automatically. I bought that particular NVR 7 years ago and there are newer hardware revisions that are not as up to date.

Thanks, would you be able to recommend a newer NVR? I have 7 colour VU cameras, 8 channel NVR would suffice.

Most of cameras are: DS-2CD2347G1-LU

Last edited:
Thanks, would you be able to recommend a newer NVR? I have 7 colour VU cameras, 8 channel NVR would suffice.

Most of cameras are: DS-2CD2347G1-LU
As you have the G1 ColorVu models. I’d be looking at one of the NXI models. That would allow you to use AcuSense on the NVR which is missing from your G1 cameras. Even though you’ve got 7 cameras, it’s not a bad idea to go with a 16 channel recorder. The 16 channel model of the NXI-K2 has double the incoming bandwidth of the 8 channel model (160Mbps vs 80Mbps). That would give you a little wiggle room if you ever wanted to upgrade a few of the cameras to 8MP models which have a higher bandwidth requirements.

DS7608NXI-K2/8P - perfectly capable for what you have currently and will add AcuSense to your setup.

DS7616NXI-K2/16P - as above but with double the incoming bandwidth so you could upgrade a few cameras to 8 MP later

For the best performance the M series would be the model to go for if you intended to run a lot of 8MP cameras in the future. That has even more incoming bandwidth available and better decoding performance than the above models. The M would be the most expensive choice and despite the model being around 2 years old now, some firmware bugs remain.

Last edited:
Thanks JB1970, the info provided is very helpful, apologies one more question.....price wise there is not a huge difference between the DS7616NI-K2/16P and M series. Would the M series be compatible with my current colorVU cameras ?

Also is there a typo here DS7616NI-K2/16P ? should it be DS7616NXI-K2/16P

Last edited:
price wise there is not a huge difference between the DS7616NI-K2/16P and M series. Would the M series be compatible with my current colorVU cameras ?
Yes the M series is compatible; however to get the AcuSense functionality it would need to be a NXI-M2 as the NI-M2 does not have AcuSense. NXI-M may or not be available depending on what region you're in. In between the models I mentioned there's the NXI-I2. That sits between the K2 and M2 specification wise. Aim to get an NXI model for AcuSense functionality.

For features and performance, low to high - NXI-K2 > NXI-I2 > NXI-M2
Also is there a typo here DS7616NI-K2/16P ? should it be DS7616NXI-K2/16P
It was a typo yes (edited now), the X denotes the AcuSense function.

Back