01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608K2/8p NVR reboots?

IanW

Hi I have suddenly developed a rebooting problem on a DS-7608K2/8p.
The unit has worked flawlessly for seven years but now, every now and again, the nvr reboots for no reason.

I'm not connected or trying to use hik connect.
I will just notice the monitor screen go black, and then the screen comes back to showing all cameras, and normally I have it just showing just the front of house camera.

Do you think its on its way out?

many thanks
Ian

Hi Dan thanks for the quick reply the firmware is version V3.4.98 build 171121

Thanks @IanW

So it looks like you are running quite an old firmware version (build 171121 means this firmware was released in 2017) and there have been around 20 firmware releases since the firmware you are currently running.

As you are so far behind on firmware, we don't recommend upgrading straight to the latest firmware, instead you should upgrade in several steps. Below are the firmware versions (in order - top to bottom) we recommend updating to:

V3.4.101_build180904
V3.4.112 build 200604
V4.30.005 build200628 EUI
V4.30.071 build210517
V4.31.105 build210727
V4.32.110 build211009
V4.71.005 build220524
V4.72.107 build220914

I assume you've probably never updated the firmware for your NVR, this forum guide will explain How to Update your NVR Firmware with a Web Browser.

Once you've updated to the latest firmware, leave the NVR running for a while and see if the rebooting issue remains.

Hi Dan I do realise the firmware is old but as I’ve never had any trouble for the past 7 years I had just left well alone thanks for the advice I will gradually update it as you advise. Many thanks for your help
Kind regards
Ian

Hi Dan I do realise the firmware is old but as I’ve never had any trouble for the past 7 years I had just left well alone thanks for the advice I will gradually update it as you advise. Many thanks for your help
Kind regards
Ian
Hi Dan sorry to trouble you again but I've started upgrading the firmware one at a time and I have done up to V4.30 005 and now I am receiving the "Failed to get the upgrading progress." error
Kind regards
Ian

Hi @IanW

So you are seeing this error when trying to update to V4.30.071? Have you tried rebooting the NVR and clearing your browser cache/cookies?

If the V4.30.071 update still doesn't work after the NVR reboot and cache clearing, can you please try upgrading to V4.30.060 build201228 EUI instead?

If that version also doesn't work, can you please try updating to V4.30.010 build200715 EUI?

Hi Dan I’ve not tried rebooting or clearing the cache but I will try your suggestions over the weekend
Thanks once again for your help

Reactions: Dan
Hi Dan I’ve not tried rebooting or clearing the cache but I will try your suggestions over the weekend
Thanks once again for your help
Hi Dan I cleared the cache and rebooted and I was able to gradually update the firmware one by one so your advice was really appreciated. I then thought it would be a good idea to update the cameras but I now have the same problem but deleting the cache and rebooting didn’t work do you know where I can get a list of the series of updates for the IPC-D140 camera like you sent me for the NVR
Kind regards
Ian

Hi @IanW

Can you please log in to one of your IPC-D140 cameras, go to Configuration > System > Basic Information, and confirm the 'Firmware Version Property' of these cameras?

Can you please also confirm the firmware version currently used by the camera?

Hi @IanW

Can you please log in to one of your IPC-D140 cameras, go to Configuration > System > Basic Information, and confirm the 'Firmware Version Property' of these cameras?

Can you please also confirm the firmware version currently used by the camera?
Hi Dan
the firmware version is V5.4.5 build 170921 and the firmware in use at present is V4.0.51 build 170904 just to make sure I've got what you asked for I've attached a screenshot
Kind regards
Ian

Screenshot .jpg

Thanks @IanW

So you don't have a 'Firmware Version Property' box at the bottom of that page that looks like the one below?

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 16.33.53.png

I just want to double-check because we don't have any experience with the HiWatch/HiLook cameras so don't know if they include this same information that the Hikvision cameras do. It would be helpful if they do because this code would direct us to the correct firmware, currently without it there are many HiWatch firmware folders with very similar firmware versions and no documents to confirm which are compatible with your camera model.

Thanks @IanW

So you don't have a 'Firmware Version Property' box at the bottom of that page that looks like the one below?

View attachment 11242

I just want to double-check because we don't have any experience with the HiWatch/HiLook cameras so don't know if they include this same information that the Hikvision cameras do. It would be helpful if they do because this code would direct us to the correct firmware, currently without it there are many HiWatch firmware folders with very similar firmware versions and no documents to confirm which are compatible with your camera model.
Hi Dan
No there isn’t a Firmware version property box don’t worry as all the cameras are working ok and I just thought as I had updated the NVR I would also do the cameras. I do appreciate the help you have given me and would like to thank you for that I think I will just leave well alone for the time being and probably gradually replace the cameras
Kind regards
Ian

Back