01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2CD2546G2-IS RTMP firmware updating issue?

timmac27

I have just purchased a DS-2CD2546G2-IS and have installed firmware version V5.7.12 build 221201 (firmware version property B-R-G5-0). I wish to use the camera to livestream to YouTube and so have tried to update the firmware to V5.7.1_211227 to enable this. However when I attempt to load the firmware it does not get above 0% and I get an error message saying 'Upgrade stopped. Please check the network connection and try again.'
There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the network connection. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any advice on how I can solve this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have you resolved this?
Did you see an error message at all?
Were you using a PC/laptop wired to the same LAN as the camera? (not wireless)

Hi Phil,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am yet to resolve the issue.
The error message simply said ''Upgrade stopped. Please check the network connection and try again.'
I was using a laptop wired to the same LAN as the camera. I had successfully installed a previous firmware upgrade using the same connection.
Thanks,
Tim

Hi @timmac27

We think this is an issue with the latest v5.7.12 firmware, we have a G5 camera as part of our demo system that was running v5.7.10 and I was able to downgrade to the RTMP v5.7.1 firmware. When I then updated that camera to the latest v5.7.12 firmware it would not let me downgrade to v5.7.1 (I didn't get the error message that you got but the update process just did not complete).

I will pass this issue on to Hikvision support and see if they can look into it (they may take a while to respond as they will probably be out of office from the 20th to the 29th for Chinese New Year).

Hi @timmac27

We think this is an issue with the latest v5.7.12 firmware, we have a G5 camera as part of our demo system that was running v5.7.10 and I was able to downgrade to the RTMP v5.7.1 firmware. When I then updated that camera to the latest v5.7.12 firmware it would not let me downgrade to v5.7.1 (I didn't get the error message that you got but the update process just did not complete).

I will pass this issue on to Hikvision support and see if they can look into it (they may take a while to respond as they will probably be out of office from the 20th to the 29th for Chinese New Year).
Hi Dan, thanks very much for your reply and interesting to hear that you encountered the same issue. I will wait to hear from you - thanks for passing this on to Hikvision support. Tim

Hey. Sorry to bother you. Is there any update on this?

I bought a few DS-2CD2387G2-LSU camera for broadcasting to YouTube. They all have firmware V5.7.12 build 221201. I can't seem to find an RTMP version for them.

Can you help?

Hi @cinders

The latest information we received from Hikvision on this was that it would not be possible to downgrade the firmware to the RTMP firmware.

We told them we were not impressed with this answer because they had over the last year or so been promoting the RTMP firmware as a free, easy solution to be able to stream Hikvision cameras and now they have removed it.

They apologised and said they would pass the issue back to Hikvision HQ, we will update you on any response we get from HQ and hopefully an RTMP solution might be added in a future firmware update.

Hi @cinders

The latest information we received from Hikvision on this was that it would not be possible to downgrade the firmware to the RTMP firmware.

We told them we were not impressed with this answer because they had over the last year or so been promoting the RTMP firmware as a free, easy solution to be able to stream Hikvision cameras and now they have removed it.

They apologised and said they would pass the issue back to Hikvision HQ, we will update you on any response we get from HQ and hopefully an RTMP solution might be added in a future firmware update.

Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it. :)

I don't suppose there has been a new firmware released?
There is V5.7.13 build 230504 available here:

I've just looked and can't see the RTMP feature anywhere in the advanced network settings, unfortunately, which is where it is on the customised firmware.

So, the only way to get an RTMP stream is to use the camera's RTSP stream and convert that to RTMP.
There is some discussion here about how to do that, using both paid-for and free solutions:

Getting an RTSP URL for your camera is explained here:

Thanks for the reply. This is what I currently do, I use ffmpeg to pull rtsp direct from the cam, but it's a pain as not all my cams are on fixed-ip and sometimes DynDNS doesn't update from time to time. It's much simpler for the cam to rtmp direct.

Yes, it's definitely more arduous without the direct RTMP streaming and frustrating that the feature is only available on the old customised firmware :(

Back