01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Downloading Video from Hikvision NVR without the Motion and Intrusion Lines

Ayhan

Hello
When downloading video from my Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR to my PC, The videos will only play with VS Player (having learnt this with the help of another forum member), not with VLC, etc.

However, when the videos play with VS player, there are the Blue Intrusion polygon lines and the green motion lines throughout the entire video.
This could be why the videos dont work with other players i dont know.

But is there a way to download the files from the NVR with just the video and not these lines?
I cant see an option anywhere in the configuration.

Ive tried downloading from the web browser and IVMS 4200. Same result.
Thanks!

Problem solved.

Received a great reply from Hikvision Support.

"Dear Customer,
These are the VCA lines, you can disable them in the player (please find the attached picture).
The footage will only work on our play due to a private CODEC."

Im recording in H265+.
Is no one else recording in this codec??
Attached image from Hikvision support shows how to playback the video without the lines.

Attachments

• Hikvision VCA Lines.JPG
    Hikvision VCA Lines.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,628
It's a bit off calling it a private codec. They issued a document in Dec 2016 and they stated it was compatible with HEVC standards. I'll accept, as I've said before, that's a bit of a movable feast but it ought to be broadly compatible.

Do you have a small sample file that you can share? I'd be interested to see how compatible it is.

Have a play with the converter in VSPlayer, it might take them out when it does a conversion.

I also notice the native files won't play in Windows Media Player, But play fine in VLC, they just show a slightly unusual time line.

Phil.

Back