01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Choppy Live Playback On IMVS-4200 Only, App Fine, Playback Fine

CFSFirey

Hi Brains Trust,

Hoping you can assist. We recently had a HIK Vision installed.
DS-7732NI-I4 running firmware v4.51.5 build 210628.

Viewing the live video via HIK-Connect on the mobile works fine. IMVS-4200 (HIK-Connect) live video is choppy, however instant playback and reviewing the footage works well.

The location this is at we don't have a computer or the ability to setup a VPN, it's just a fibre 50Mbps connection. We are reluctant to open up a port, and considering live play back and reviewing footage is fine, I don't believe its a link speed issue, also works perfectly fine on the app via HIK-Connect.

Any assistance would be appericated.

Example of issue
SS.20220923.203118.mp4

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the response, checking via the unit it says there is no updated firmware etc and we are on the latest. Are these global updates?
Is there anything I need to know regarding the firmware, eg backups, needing to reconfigure anything etc. We only just had this installed by a security company but they didn't really set it up or configure it well so I am still working though everything.

The update check feature in the NVRs menu does not work, it is annoying because it has been like it for a long time and Hikvision still has not fixed or removed the feature.

These firmware versions are from the UK/EU download portal, we would recommend checking here or on the Hikvision UK website product page for this NVR every few months to see if any new versions have been released (also keep an eye out here at the forum because we will usually post about new firmware releases).

If you update to each version one at a time there shouldn't be any need to back up or reconfigure anything, but once you start updating to each version I wouldn't make any further setting changes until you are running the latest version.

Thank you Dan,
I won't be able to make these changes now until Thursday when I am back on the site to update the firmware, but also run a backup just in case.

Reactions: Dan
Yes, if you are in Australia then we would recommend updating the latest version recommend on the Hikvision Australia website.

Ok firmware updated, live playback and viewing events playback is fine, however trying to watch just one camera it's about a 3-4 second gap between images.

Back