01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Audio camera not working on my DS-7232HQHI-K2 DVR?

Colin007

I have a hikvision DS-7232HQHI-K2 DVR which is supposed to support a single audio camera on the 1st channel.
I installed an audio camera but I'm not getting any audio, the video is working fine.
I changed all settings to video and audio recording as well.
Can someone please help me solve this problem?

Solution
have a hikvision DS-7232HQHI-K2 DVR which is supposed to support a single audio camera on the 1st channel.
It may support audio on the first channel but I think (I'd have to check as I've not checked the data sheets for the DVR and camera) that you would need to cable that audio separately. The DVR would need to be an AoC (Audio over Coax) model. You cannot just connect an AoC camera to a standard DVR.

Edit: The 7332HI-K2 is not Audio over Coax. Looking at the data sheet it supports a single channel of audio (it can probably be assigned to any channel by selecting the source in the menu for that channel) There's an RCA input for that on the DVR and you would need to connect that up to the line level audio output of a camera...
Do you have a monitor with built-in speaker direct-connected to your DVR?
And you hear no audio from the camera when you LIVE view just that single camera on that monitor?

Upvote 0
Do you have a monitor with built-in speaker direct-connected to your DVR?
And you hear no audio from the camera when you LIVE view just that single camera on that monitor?
Yes it's connected to a TV and I have tried it on the hik connect app as well. I have tried a different camera also but still no audio.

Upvote 0
I'll invite others to jump-in and make suggestions on possible setting changes; here at use-IP we never get hands-on with analogue cameras / DVRs, but other members may know of specifics that might be affecting your setup.

Upvote 0
I'll invite others to jump-in and make suggestions on possible setting changes; here at use-IP we never get hands-on with analogue cameras / DVRs, but other members may know of specifics that might be affecting your setup.
Thank you for your time

Upvote 0
have a hikvision DS-7232HQHI-K2 DVR which is supposed to support a single audio camera on the 1st channel.
It may support audio on the first channel but I think (I'd have to check as I've not checked the data sheets for the DVR and camera) that you would need to cable that audio separately. The DVR would need to be an AoC (Audio over Coax) model. You cannot just connect an AoC camera to a standard DVR.

Edit: The 7332HI-K2 is not Audio over Coax. Looking at the data sheet it supports a single channel of audio (it can probably be assigned to any channel by selecting the source in the menu for that channel) There's an RCA input for that on the DVR and you would need to connect that up to the line level audio output of a camera.

As the DVR also supports IP cameras it would probably be easier to add an IP camera with audio if that's what you need.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution

Edit: The 7332HI-K2 is not Audio over Coax. Looking at the data sheet it supports a single channel of audio (it can probably be assigned to any channel by selecting the source in the menu for that channel) There's an RCA input for that on the DVR and you would need to connect that up to the line level audio output of a camera.

As the DVR also supports IP cameras it would probably be easier to add an IP camera with audio if that's what you ne

Will give that a try, thank you.

Upvote 0
Back