01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice on which new cameras to use with my ds-7604ni-k1/4p NVR?

Michaelcc

I have very little knowledge in the cctv world but I currently have a ds-7604ni-k1/4p with x3 anti vandal domes and they are forever needing cleaned and I can see nothing at night. Looking for advice on the best cameras that my nvr will work with as I dont really want to buy a new one Please try and keep it in simple terms as I have read a few posts and it has gone right over my head

I have very little knowledge in the cctv world but I currently have a ds-7604ni-k1/4p with x3 anti vandal domes and they are forever needing cleaned and I can see nothing at night. Looking for advice on the best cameras that my nvr will work with as I dont really want to buy a new one Please try and keep it in simple terms as I have read a few posts and it has gone right over my head
  • With that particular NVR use 4 megapixel cameras
  • Domes suffer badly from residue from rain affecting the image as you’ve found. You want ‘turret’ style cameras which will not be affected in the same way. Model numbers for 4 megapixel turrets start DS-2CD234?
  • You then need to decide whether you want standard colour/mono switching (black and and white on a night), ColorVu (24/7 colour) or Hybrid light (has both infrared and white LED light)
For standard colour/mono I’d recommend DS-2CD2346G2-IU. That will be the cheapest. ColorVu would be next up - DS-2CD2347G2-LU. Then for the hybrid DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU.

I wouldn’t go for the middle option myself, you may find the white light annoying/intrusive if it’s in a dark area. The hybrid model is the best as you can select/switch mode directly from the app (color/mono, 24/7 colour or ‘smart’ where it works in colour/mono but switches to colour on a night when an event is detected)

Back