01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Active strobe light and audio alarm to warn intruders off ? Yes.. but only if you have an NVR

HI, I have bought the Acusense ColorVU LSU/IS camera because accoding to the Hikvision flyer they have "Active strobe light and audio alarm to warn intruders off".

I am not expert.. but looking in internet now I understand that to arm/disarm this function, you should install a so called "live guard" firmware which works just if you buy also a NVR (which I can not because I have no space for it.. I just have a SD card in the camera).

I think the information on the HikVision flyer is very misleading...!!

is there any other way to arm/disarm the Audio Alarm when I enter back my home ? Well.. of course I could switch on the PC everytime I come back home to disenable the siren from the browser but it is really not a practical solution :(

Thanks for any help !

Marco

HI, I have bought the Acusense ColorVU LSU/IS camera because accoding to the Hikvision flyer they have "Active strobe light and audio alarm to warn intruders off".

I am not expert.. but looking in internet now I understand that to arm/disarm this function, you should install a so called "live guard" firmware which works just if you buy also a NVR (which I can not because I have no space for it.. I just have a SD card in the camera).

I think the information on the HikVision flyer is very misleading...!!

is there any other way to arm/disarm the Audio Alarm when I enter back my home ? Well.. of course I could switch on the PC everytime I come back home to disenable the siren from the browser but it is really not a practical solution :(

Thanks for any help !

Marco
Please confirm the exact model of your camera. It doesn't matter whether the camera is standalone or connected to an NVR, but what does matter is the model. Cameras ending ISU/SL and LSU/SL have microphone (denoted by the U) and strobe light (denoted by the SL). They are classified as 'active deterrent' or 'Live Guard' and have the capability.

The other requirement is that the camera is registered with the Hik-Connect service and your Hik-Connect app is logged into the Hik-Connect service. Push notifications and the ability to manually trigger the siren or strobe are dependent on the Hik-Connect service. See the two images below of my system. In the first image I'm connected to my system using the Hik-Connect service and you can see in the lower left corner the two icons that manually trigger the strobe and audible warning. In the second image, I'm connected directly using the systems IP address and you can see the icons needed are missing. There's no way around this. To get full functionality - push notifications, manual activation of siren/strobe, event clips etc you have to use Hik-Connect.

Using Hik-Connect Service.PNGUsing IP address.PNG

Edit: Just re read your original post. I was referring to manually triggering the alarms but you are wanting to disable the alarms. I don't use the audio alarms but clicking the bell icon next to your camera in the app should enable/disable both push notifications and audio alarms with one click. But again this is only available if you are connected using the Hik-Connect service and the bell icon won't be present if not.

- With the bell showing normal you will receive events and push notifications to your phone and audio and light alarms are enabled on the camera.

- With the bell showing a cross through it you will receive events to your phone but not push notifications and the audio and light alarms are disabled on the camera.

Enabled.PNGDisabled.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply !! clicking the bell icon next to my camera in the app just enable/disable push notifications ...siren will keep working making "impossible" for me to enter back home

For what i read here :
there is a "Unified APP to arm/disarm system'.

However in the video it shows that a NVR should be used... if i understand correctly (i am not expert !!)

Ok so that shows you have the 4 megapixel turret LSU/SL which is 'Live Guard' and I can see from the icons that you're connected to the camera using the Hik-Connect service. According to Hikvision information, with the bell showing disabled, it should stop the push notifications AND the audio / strobe alarms. If it doesn't then either the Hikvision information is misleading or it's a bug. Can you confirm what version of firmware is on the camera and what version the Hik-Connect app is. The latest firmware for that camera (G5 platform) is 5.7.3. The latest version of the Hik-Connect app is 4.24.2 (that's iOS, I'm not sure about Android)

I've got a few spare LSU/SL's in the garage so I could power one up to see if I get the same result, however mine will be an older version of the 2347LSU/SL (G3 platform)

there is a "Unified APP to arm/disarm system'.

However in the video it shows that a NVR should be used... if i understand correctly (i am not expert !!)
Yeah there was some special firmware for NVRs that allowed zoning of alarms, but as far as I'm aware the Enable/Disable function applies to push notifications on standard cameras, but also applies to the audio and strobe alarms where the camera has them.

@Dan @Kyle - Are either of you aware of any limitations when using a Live Guard camera in standalone mode? Thanks

Hi @JB1970 @Hikvision user

We have not tested a G5 Live-Guard camera on its own to see if this arming/disarming feature works or not.

It could potentially be a firmware/software version issue so it would be good to know what firmware the camera is running and what version of Hik-Connect you are running?

I've got a spare 'non c' G3 here. I'm gonna power it up and add to Hik-Connect now to see if the arm/disarm works as described on that one. I'll report back....

Edit: It turns out the spare G3 was actually a G5 (DS-2CD2347LSU/SL c) with latest firmware 5.7.3. Configured it, port forwarded it, added it to Hik-Connect account, all online and triggering audio/light alarm and sending out push notifications. However the Bell icon for enabling/disabling the alarms is missing completely from the app, so I'm unable to confirm whether it works or not...Off to the garage to dig out another spare

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
@Hikvision user

Can you confirm the firmware version of your camera please? Click the hexagon icon above the bell in your image and report back what it says for 'Device Version'

Also can you confirm what version of the app you have? Click 'More' then 'About' and whether it is iOS or Android.

On the image you posted, although it's not working as intended, you have the arm/disarm bell icon. I've added two separate cameras to Hik-Connect (a G3 platform DS-2CD2346G2 and a G5 platform DS-2CD2347G2) and do not get that icon so it would be useful to know what versions you have so I can find out why. Thanks.

Hi guys, i am sorry...you are actually right.
The siren and the strobe light can be disarmed with the bell icon as you suggested ! I thought I tested but I did not and I was in someway mislead by the video in life guard website that say the NVR is needed.
For info I have firmware v5.7.10build220608 and Hikconnect 4.23
Thanks all for helping ! Also big thanks from my neighbours that were shocked from the siren :) !

Reactions: Dan
Back