01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accessing RTSP streams of cameras connected to a DS-7716NXI-I4 NVR?

MarcF

Hi All,

I have a DS-7716NXI-I4 with firmware V4.61.067 build 220928

On my previous NVR (A K series 7616) I could use the following to access RTSP streams of cameras:

rtsp://myusername:mypassword@172.16.20.15:554/Streaming/Channels/1501/

This would show the main stream of camera 15.

The same doesn't seem to work for the new NVR. I username/password and IP are all set correctly and RTSP is enabled on the NVR. Interestingly though it doesn't fail to connect.. it seems to connect but shows a blank screen. If I use a channel that has sound, I get static on the audio but no video. It's obviously not playing the correct audio but it seems to know it should have audio.

I have updated my drivers and downloaded the codec from the NVR but no dice. I've tried both Streamlabs, OBS and ever VLC player.

Any ideas? thanks

Hi @MarcF

Check the 3 points in this post that can stop RTSP streams from working:

Complicated passwords with symbols can also be problematic, is the password different from your old NVR?

Nope. Originally it was but I changed it for testing. It's just upper/lower alpha numeric. Nothing complicated.

If I set and incorrect password I get prompted to correct it so it appears to be authenticating. I am pretty sure it's connecting correctly but just not showing anything. This is backed up by the fact that it plays static on channels with audio.

In the statistics of VLC, I can see demuxed data size increasing so it appears to be receiving... something.

Thanks for that link. That's helped but not solved :D

I hadn't realised that all my cameras are now running H.265. I am sure they were on H.264 and they certainly worked with RSTP so must have been.

I've changed one of them to H.264 and it is showing.. something now... but still not quite right.

But.. progress!! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-07 125438.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-07 125438.png
    801.3 KB · Views: 174
OK, and Stream Encryption was the last missing piece.

Many thanks indeed Kyle, that's really appreciated :)

Back