01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

4.30.005 network disconnected, smart playback not working...help!

gunnermac

Hi, I have a funny thing going on with my NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P. A few months ago I noticed that the smart playback wasn't working and I was on the 3.4 firmware. I jumped to the latest 4.30 at the time and then firstly it didn't fix the smart playback, but more importantly the log events show a network disconnect every 20 seconds and I couldn't connect to hik-connect. In the end I had to downgrade back to the 3.4.112 and I got connectivity back again to hik-connect.

After downgrading when I viewed the smart events that were sent to notification centre and when watching live video on my hik-connect app it was choppy and the video lag was ridiculous. It was seriously about every 10 frames showing and green break-up signals on screen.

Well, I decided to downgrade today even further and ended up with 3.4.108. This fixed the smart playback but I cannot connect to hik-connect on either litedev, dev or even litedev.us. I asked my mates to ping those services, thinking maybe my ISP had started blocking and they couldn't get to them either, so I guessed that maybe those sites were down at the moment ( although I thought highly unlikely as they are hosted on AWS I see).

I came to this forum, as I have done before for posts/links etc. and saw that there were some comments about jumping straight to the latest 4.3 firmware and to go to 4.30.005 first. Well, I decided to just do that and now I have the 'Network Disconnected' log event again AND the smart playback is not working. I thought that I'd go for an upgrade to 4.30.061 but that won't upgrade now as the UI complains about not being able to get the upgrade details or something like that and the UI is also laggy, so I suspect its because the network keeps dropping out. (update! I just set the network NIC Type to 100M Full-dup instead of the self adaptive and the network has stopped flapping)

Can somebody please let me know what is going on with this NVR? It was amazing when I first got it and then recently it has just gone terrible. Do I need to perform a factory reset? If I do, what firmware will it go back to?

Stu

Ok guys, I was playing around last night after I posted and I have managed to get the smart playback working. It was on another post about setting the 'Save VCA Picture' on each Event > Smart Event for every camera, plus the Record > Advanced > Save Camera VCA Data. So, I have fixed the main issues for now.

All I am left with is - no connection to Hik-Connect.com, still can't ping the servers this morning and also one camera is not recording any VCA. If I select an area that I know I have been in and search nothing comes up. The other camera pointing across the same area from another angle gets everything ok, so it is just this one camera.

Stu

Upvote 0
Back